adsense

Custom Search

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Oh wonderous Sweet Cinnamon Zucchinni Bread

I could not believe how delicious this bread was when I first took a bite into it. I was so amazed and it really gives me a relief to try the rest of the recipes by Heather Van Vorous in her "Eating for IBS" book. I am SO excited and ready to try more recipes. This recipe makes 2 loafs, and by the end of the night, most of the first loaf was gone and today there is only one loaf left :-D. This is definitely a must try if you are looking for a recipe with no butter, no egg yolks or dairy. With only 138.49 Calories per slice, what more could you ask for?

Sweet Cinnamon Zucchini Bread from Eating for IBS

In a large bowl:
3 C flour
1 ts salt
1 ts bs
1 tbs Cinnamon
1/4 ts baking powder

In Mixer:
6 Organic egg whites, beaten light and fluffy
1/2 C canola oil
1 1/2 C brown sugar
2 C grated unpeeled zucchini
2 ts vanilla

Add dry ingredient to wet and mix till just blended. Pour batter in 2 greased loaf pans and bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees F. Cook on racks. Simple as that!

2 comments:

Eliza said...

hi valerie,
thanks for visiting my blog! you live in ohio? i've been there visiting my friend and amish country :D
i love zucchini too and when it's summertime i get lots of them from the garden.

eliza
http://fooddiary.blogsome.com

Helene said...

That sounds like a great recipe! I admit I ahve never made zucchini bread before. Tempting!