Saturday, July 28, 2007
Friday, the boys had the day off because there was a change of command on thursday and i guess you always get the next day off. So, we planned to go sailing (not in a yacht mind you, but a cattamarin (?)) with Dermit and Annetta but yeah when we got there the wind had not picked up and basically we would be just sitting in the water all day long. So we headed out to lunch at Crema (they definitely know us by now) and then went to the beach for some fun in the sun with Zoe. Dermit and I, the ones that HATE swimming the most got stung by jelly fish. Man that hurts!!!! Let me tell you, don't bother peeing on yourself. Dermit said it doesn't work. I took it like a woman and let it alone. It puffed up and after 15 minutes died down. I just got stung by tenticles cut up from boat engines but Dermit got 2 stings from live jelly fish. This all happened while Annetta and I were trying to build sandcastles (yes we are 24), and catch the white fish to put into the boys "fish pond." Brandon wants to go scuba diving tuesday...I'm reluctant with all the jelly fish but we shall see. :-/
Emm..I am baking lowfat banana honey oatmeal cookies right now. No butter, just 2 tbs olive oil and a mashed banana as the softeners. We'll see how it turns out. I'm skeptical.
Monday, July 23, 2007
I wish I could eat a burger. I've been craving it for over a week now. I love vege burgers they are my favorite but sometimes, and I mean once in a million years I crave red meat. I was bad yesterday and ate alot of baked goods at the church that is a really not a good idea at all. Not only that, but I feel SO pudgey. I have the book Eating for IBS and I was looking through it last night and realised that I could eat alot more variety than what I have been, so I need to try those recipes out when I get back to Milton.
How I feel today: bloated, tired, hungry, pudgey and sick to death of my IBS.
Saturday, July 21, 2007
30 minutes prior to baking, put a sheet pan on the floor of the oven and a shelf on the lowest level. Preheat to 475 degrees F.
When ready to bake, add 1/2 cup ice cubes to the sheet pan and bake for 6-10 minutes.
I made lasagna for Brandon to go along with the Bialys. Yes, I rarely put up pictures of actual culinary dishes because I just suck at them. I'm a baking girl.
Friday, July 20, 2007
First, before the post, you must know the rules: (1) Each participant posts eight random facts about themselves. (2) Tagees should write a blogpost of eight random facts about themselves. (3) At the end of the post, eight more bloggers are tagged. Go to their blog and leave a comment telling them they're tagged.
8 random facts about moi:
1) I am possibly the only asian who is not good at math.
2) In the asian culture, competition is high especially for school. I brought that thinking with me my first year in school in New Zealand when I was 6 or 7 years old. Everyone stood in their age groups and in each age group there are 2 classes and I did not know that they picked students in order of last names, A obviously being first picked. I was last to be picked and started to cry infront of the whole school because I thought no one wanted me. Shame. Mom went to my first period with me.
3) I almost drowned in a swimming pool when I was 8 or so in Malaysia. I forgot my floatie chicken wings and to save myself I pushed my friends head under to stay afloat. I was saved.
4) My friends at my all girls private school in New Zealand used to time how fast I could run from the courtyard lunch area to the restroom, pee, wash my hands and run back. I think the fastest time was 25 seconds.
5) When I was 13 years old, the navy came to talk to us but my dreams of being in the navy and marrying a guy in uniform was shattered when the lady told me I couldn't join because I had glasses.
6) Then I met my husband in college. I was his RA and he was in ROTC navy. My dream did come true ;-) I didn't have to resort to marrying a mafia guy.
7) I went to college for 5 years to get a General Science Degree, only to realise after all that I really wanted to be in the food industry and now I am starting august 20th!!! WHOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!
8) My husband Brandon proposed to me December 30th 2005 on our trip to Hong Kong. The plan (which was unknown to me) was that my mother treated my sister, brandon and I to dinner at the Spoon restaurant and at the last minute my sister turned down the offer, opting to go to eat with my aunt. I was suspicious because it's my sister. She NEVER turns down a good meal at an expensive restaurant, actually she just never turns down food in general. So dinner was just Brandon and I, all the while thinking he would propose at dinner so of course when we hiked up his HUGE mountain (in high heels at 10pm) I was a little more than fiesty. I wasn't so upset though after the proposal and a ring on my finger!!!!!! HEHEHEHEHE. We were married June 10th 2006.
I have tagged:
Tastes Like Home
Rosa's Yummy Yums
Culinary in the Country
La vida en Buenos Aires y afines...
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Brandon calls it the arm deformity. This hopefully will be my final lesson that I really need to open the door all the way before taking things OUT of the oven. *shakes head*
It's hard not to want to just pop it but it has to pop naturally.
Monday, July 9, 2007
60 minutes. Tent loosely with foil after 25 minutes to prevent overbrowning.