adsense

Custom Search

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Curry Puffs



When all else fails, the best thing to do for dinner when you are not feeling like cooking is to use left overs. Most times after work, cooking a whole new meal just doesn't seem like it's in the cards! hehehehe. So I had made chicken curry a couple nights ago and thankfully had left overs! I didn't feel like going out to buy puff pastry, nor did I feel like making it since we couldn't eat it till tomorrow and well...I wanted dinner, and dinner fast! So, I took just a simple empanada recipe using crisco and 20 minutes later, rolled out the pastry, cut it into circles, toped it with chicken curry, foled it and sealed it, baked it and viola! Dinner in under an hour! YES!


Empanada dough actually makes for a really great puff pastry substitute, it's not as flaky and light but it's definitely still flaky with a great texture.

No comments: