adsense

Custom Search

Monday, April 9, 2007

Obsession

It's been a while since I last posted. Probably because caring for a puppy feels as though I actually have a new born baby to take care of, to a lesser degree. The lack of sleep, the fustration, the feeling of doing nothing but taking care of her, working and running errands. On the positive side of things, this is a good transition to "children."

















So like I said, I haven't posted in a while but it's not cause I haven't been baking and cooking, just hard to find the time to post but I have been thinking about it constantly. Ever since visiting Scott and Denise in Pensacola, FL I got used to eating a bagel for breakfast in the morning. So there my obsession started. I seem to be obsessed with a particular food and eat only that for a long long time. For example, my obsession with Rice Chex cereal has been ongoing since January. So, I came home and found a great recipe without eggs or milk! Actually I'm most fond of the blueberry bagel but I thought baby steps with plain bagels first. I found a recipe from The Fresh Loaf and it is an overnight recipe and made from a sponge which I had never done before and it turned out wonderfully.




















I made 6 cinnamon sugar bagels for Brandon, an herb and 5 plain bagels.



















I was uber excited about the bread bag and twist ties I got from the commissary. Makes them look almost like I could bring those to the Farmers Market! :-D

2 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Your bagels look fabulous!

thisgoodhearth said...

You have enough bagels to last for a while!! Fabulous!!