adsense

Custom Search

Friday, June 8, 2007

Rose Levy rocks my bread baking world!

I was so excited to get a start on the recipes in The Bread Bible, and after Brandon said he wanted something with a good crust and airy body, I couldn't help but go to page 357 for Ciabatta. The last time I made Ciabatta was the recipe from King Arthurs Whole Grain Baking and that didn't turn out the way I wanted it too. So two days prior I made the biga for the recipe and I was a little less than optimistic since I am always afraid that the end product would be a diaster, especially with breads that take that long to make. Thankfully, it turned out wonderful. I will post the recipe some time this weekend.

Pre-bakage
Baked

Sliced and served with mesquite roast chicken - Yum!





8 comments:

Sylvia said...

Congratulacion for your participation,Actualy your bread is fantastic .I love bake bread,but I never got made one so beatiful as your.

Unknown said...

ooo that looks really yummy with some nice olive oil!
nope the mouse wasn't dead when i got the blood out of its eyesocket.
it was just passed out.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

That's a wonderful Ciabatta. Just as it should be!

thisgoodhearth said...

This one turned out realllly nice:))
Practicemakes perfect:)))

Cynthia said...

Hi Valerie, I found your blog through Foodie BlogRoll. You have a very attractive place here.

I wish you all the best at culinary school.

I absolutely love ciabatta bread but never mustered the courage to try making it but your post has inspired me. I look forward to the recipe. Thanks.

Cynthia said...

Hi Valerie, please see the link to a roti post and click on the link to the slide show that has a detailed step-by-step instruction. If you have any further questions, I will be more than happy to answer them.
http://www.tasteslikehome.org/2007/04/is-making-roti-stressful.html

Da Bee's Knees said...

I am positively drooling looking at the pics of that beautiful ciabatta bread.

You definitely have a gift! I too, found your blog via the BlogRoll.

Anonymous said...

gosh...what a great sight...fantastic bread...I made a pie recently and I am stressed out...how on earth will I manage making a ciabatta...and I just got used to usung the oven...ohhhh so much to learn and so little time...~grin~..great blog...I wanna bake like you...help!!