adsense

Custom Search

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Back to the world!

Finally, we are back and connected to the internet world. You don't really reaslise how incredibly useful it is until you are in a completely new place, don't know where you are going or where there is to go and most importantly how to get there. So, I apologize for the uneventful past couple of weeks and not being able to respond to comments which I really appreciate by the way. Believe me I've been itching to bake, but moving into a new place kinda prevents that for some time, but now we are all settled in and I wanted to put up some pictures from before our move since I didn't have time before.

June 10th was our 1 year anniversary and in the midst of Brandons masters graduation, leaving work, packing ourselves and cleaning inside out, it was a crazy couple of weeks. I decided to make a replica, as best I could of our wedding cake. Obiviously, not as beautiful and eye googling as the original professionally baked cake, but hey, this will have to do. I am not a cake baker. lol.

This is basically an apple spice cake with a caramel filling and a white chocolate buttercream frosting on the top. It actually turned out quite well, and lets just say the cake did not last long and yes, it was only the two of us in the house...OH! I got a new canon camera and these pictures are taken with that though I must admit, I'm not a manual reader, so I must figure out how to take great close up pictures with this camera...

I also made strawberry topped scones a few days later. I used the recipe from bear necessities because it is THE only true english scone recipe I have come across in many many years.
It turned out great, and yum yum for my tum tum.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Moving is always hectic, stressful, and tiring but there is a certain joy in settling in to new surroundings. Glad that you are all settled in and happy anniversary, late though it is :)

When you get a chance, I'll be happy to have the recipe for ciabatta bread.