adsense

Custom Search

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

For the love of oatmeal


I came across a very well liked foodblog lately and have been so thrilled with the recipes that Peabody posts. They all look so delicious and the photography makes me drool. So when I saw her Peabody's Oatmeal Buttermilk Bread, I just HAD to make it. It looked so moist and I am a huge fan of oatmeal. The only thing was I didn't have whole wheat flour since I can't have whole wheat with IBS, so without thinking I had added the same amount of liquid called for even though I used white flour, so obviously I had to add another cup of flour before it formed into a ball. I'm such a scatterbrain sometimes. Naturally I had more dough than I needed for the loaf, so I was able to make 4 rolls out of it for Brandons dinner. :-) Hey, it worked out well!

Isn't weird how taste buds change as you grow? I used to hate oatmeal as a child and now I eat it every other night for dinner. Likewise the things I loved when I was young, just do not sound appealing anymore. So is life I suppose.
* I did subsitute the buttermilk for soymilk mixed with apple cider.

1 comment:

Eliza said...

oatmeal bread is the best. i don't like oatmeal as oatmeal for breakfast either, but i will use it for other baked goods.
must be hard you having IBS if you want to bake various type of recipes?