adsense

Custom Search

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Cream cheese filled pumpkin muffins

Sometimes I don't know why I buy the things I do when I go grocery shopping. I hardly ever use cream cheese and the only time I would ever use it is if Brandon wanted cheesecake but I only brought 1 8oz package instead of the usual 3 packages I use. I must've been in a fog or something. Anyways, I thought I would make some pumkin muffins with some cream cheese filling. Cream cheese muffins remind me of Kings Gardens back when we lived in New Zealand and I was like 14 or so. The nursery had an amazingly yummy cafe in the middle of it and the owner was SO nice. He had the BEST cream cheese filled muffins too. Boy, I really wish I could go back and see how different things are now. I might be disappointed though.
So I made this for Brandon.

PUMPKIN LOAF/MUFFINS by Jasmine Plantation Bed & Breakfast Inn
1 C water
1 C oil
1 C pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
3 1/3 C flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 C sugar
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Mix water, oil, pumpkin, vanilla and eggs together. In a separate bowl, sift flour, bp, salt, and soda together. Add sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon. Add dry to liquid ingredients.
Then I put filled 1/4 of the muffin tin with the batter, then added a tbs cream cheese filling (I just added 2 tbs sugar and 1 egg to room temperature cream cheese) and then topped it off with more batter.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.

2 comments:

bossacafez said...

hi val, your pumpkin muffins look delicious!! but i've long given up making muffins coz mine always turn out hard, dry and insides uncooked :( think i'll fare better doing cupcakes instead.

save me one pls :B

Jessica said...

Perfect! I never though of putting the cream cheese *inside* the pumpkin muffin!