adsense

Custom Search

Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Last of the Days off

This post should've been up last weekend, but so much has been going on that time flew by and I hate hate hate hate HATE not updating my blog. It might continue this way though because I finally got a JOB!!!!! I have been looking for a place to do my internship for pastry school since the beginning of september. I cannot believe how hard it has been. I guess it makes sense considering this is not the best location for pastries, the consumer demands are different from what I would like to produce. Anyways, Chef Silivos from Skopelos called me this morning and offered me a job. So, I start tomorrow and work Saturday also starting at 3pm until we are closed. I'm excited but SO nervous! I am in the industry, I can't believe it! I also had an interview this afternoon with Nouveau Pastries in Milton which is like less than 10 minutes from my house and she was so much fun to talk to. She is going to call me for jobs when she needs me which is going to be good because after Christmas is the slow season here for Restaurants, so I'll need extra hours here and there to get my internship hours up! The only thing that I am afraid of is that I going to burn out too fast too soon with school and 2 jobs and trying to take care of things around the house. I am just SO grateful that God has provided this for me, because I have been stressing so much about this. YAY!!!!!!


Okay, sorry for the blabbling. I'll get to some food and then some fun! I have been googly eyed ever since I saw the Pumpkin Challah from Rosa's Yummy Yums. I finally got my lazy bum up and makin some bread. What I LOVE about this recipe is that it contains only oil, no butter or shortening or lard. Of course, I can't get enough of pumpkin either, so it was a win-win situation and a winner it was. It came out beautifully, and I couldn't stop eating it. Neither could Brandon. He usually isn't hungry ever, especially in the morning (I wish my stomach wasn't asking for food all the time - the bliss of being a women) but he hate it at like 9am before we went for our run. I was so surprised! This is definintely a keeper. Thanks Rosa!

Last saturday, Brady called us and asked us if we wanted a ride in his new boat! SCORE!!! The only time I'm a water person is if I'm in something that physically separates me from the water. I don't mind if I get splashed a little like on a jetski, but if I get thrown off by the driver, oh boy - you do not want to be near me. However, I did throw Brandon off. It was totally an accident though, I swear. I just like sharp turns :-D

There's Mr. B on the left and Brady on the right. I actually drove (? steered) the boat. It was fun but I was so afraid I was going to hit something, even though the bay was so open. I gave it back to the captain once we were about to go under a bridge. Yeah, not taking that risk! lol
Lookin good and ready to start the trip!

Does this not remind you of the dock from Dawsons Creek?
Ready to go under a bridge



Somebodys got it good in life huh? Their own gazebo on the waterfront. SWEEEEETTT!

One of the gorgious houses by the waterfront
A way too dark picture of downtown milton from the water
So, I really hope that I am able to get all my studying done for next weeks 2 tests I have. Luckily, we took our sanitiation test yesterday on a whim so we didn't have to go to class next wednesday. That's good cause then it'll be 3 exams I'd have to study for ontop of starting work and all! Phew! Well, I'll definitely update y'all (trying to sound like I'm from here) about my job experience!!!!!

9 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Wow, your challah turned out great! I'm ever so happy that you both liked it...
Thanks for the beautiful pictures! I'd love to take such a tour...

Cheers,

Rosa

thisgoodhearth said...

The new background colour really sets off the baked goods. Nice!

Emily said...

Wow! What a change! I like the new color, and the new header. It looks really professional. I missed your blog!
Congats on getting 2 new jobs-that's great. I know you've been looking for one.
The pumpkin challah looks great. I love pumpkin & Challah, so I will have to make it. Maybe for a Jewish holiday, or something.

Unknown said...

Rosa - thank you for the recipe! You have so many wonderful recipes, I don't know which ones to make!

Mom - Thank you. It took a couple days to figure out how to do it.

Emilie - Thanks emilie! I missed reading your blog! I'm glad you had fun though. Yeah,it's a relief to find a job.
Definitely make the pumpkin Challah. Emm...I love carbs!

Elle said...

Congrats on the internship job. Working in a restaurant will probably be tiring, but I bet you get a charge out of doing the work you are training for, so that the school and everything will be much easier to handle than you think. Positive energy can be such a boost.
The pumpkin challah is beautiful and so seasonal. Glad I found you blog!

Cynthia said...

I am very happy that you got through with the internship job(s). It will be little tough at first at first - 2 jobs, school and home but after a while, I'm sure you'll settle into a routine and constantly tweak things so that they suit your schedule.

Unknown said...

elle - Thanks elle for the positive encouragement! I'm just hoping to learn alot which I am sure I will :-D

cynthia - I think you are right. I have to tweak things. Though it really makes you appreciate the time you have off and the time you get with your family.

Mallow said...

Good luck with your new job! The bread looks great. I am always on the search for new ways to bake with pumpkin...

KellytheCulinarian said...

Great photos, it looks like a beautiful place!